USBP and NBPC will be opening up solicitations for the Nation Wide Swap Program (NWS) starting August 17, 2015 at 0800 CDT.
As outlined in Section 11 of the April 28, 2015 MOU:
BPAs will be considered eligible if:
- They have served a minimum of (3) years and are not subject to any pending performance or disciplinary action, or are the subject of alleged misconduct, that may prevent the performance of the full scope of required duties.
- They have not received or been the subject to three or more disciplinary actions (reprimands to fourteen day suspensions), or single adverse action (suspension of more than fourteen days) within the last two years.
- They are not under a Last Chance Agreement.
- They have fulfilled any time-in-station requirements associated with any previously approved relocations or reassignments.
This program will involve all bargaining unit members of the USBP.
Bargaining Unit Employees wishing to participate in the NWS will have to agree to the following:
- If they are granted an exchange, they agree to not request another exchange for two years from the effective date of this requested exchange.
- They understand that they may request and be granted excused absence without charge to leave, in an amount not more than 40 hours, to enable them to make pre-moving and post-moving arrangements.
- They understand that any relocation or other costs associated with an approved exchange granted under Section 11, of the April 28, 2015 Memorandum of Understanding are the responsibility of the applicant.
Bargaining Unit Employees will have to fill out basic biographical information including USBP “Enter of Duty” date (EOD). The use of Service Computation Dates (SCD) will not be allowed and will automatically disqualify an applicant.
Bargaining Unit Employees will be able to request up to four locations. All selections will be made solely on the basis of seniority.
Employees must understand that if they are “paired” with another employee, they will absorb the other’s shift and pay tier.
The solicitations will open on August 17, 2015 0800 CDT and close midnight CDT of September 5, 2015.
Agents will not have to request access to any website prior to or during the open-period.
The following link will only be accessible by a Government computer:
The following stations/locations are not able to participate in the NWS at this time:
Abilene, Albuquerque, Amarillo, Billings, Dallas, Lubbock, Midland, Pecos, Riverside, San Angelo, San Antonio, and Twin Falls.