IMPORTANT: If you go out on LWOP for any reason, your pay will no longer be deducted and as a result, your union membership will discontinue after three pay periods.  The Union is not notified when a member is out for OWCP. As a result, each member is responsible for contacting the local union to discuss options for continuing union membership while on LWOP.

The NBPC Office of Workers’ Compensation is intended to provide assistance and guidance to NBPC Local executive board members and NBPC Local OWCP coordinators.

References for federal employees (external links):

Division of Federal Employees’ Compensation (DFEC)

Publication 550: Questions and Answers about the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act

Publication 810 – Injury Compensation for Federal Employees

OWCP Forms: OWCP’s Division of Federal Employees’ Compensation Forms

If for any reason you need assistance with an OWCP claim and your station is not providing you the appropriate guidance or assistance, please contact your station lead/chief rep or a local board member.

The designated OWCP representative for a Local or a Local executive board member may submit a request for assistance with an active OWCP case, in accordance with the NBPC policy.

Thank you,

Executive Committee
National Border Patrol Council