OWCP Resources

IMPORTANT: If you go out on LWOP for any reason, your pay will no longer be deducted and as a result, your union membership will discontinue after three pay periods.  The Union is not notified when a member is out for OWCP. As a result, each member is responsible for contacting the respective treasurer for their local to discuss options for continuing union membership while on LWOP.

References for federal employees (external links):

Division of Federal Employees’ Compensation (DFEC)

Publication 550: Questions and Answers about the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act

Publication 810 – Injury Compensation for Federal Employees

OWCP Forms: OWCP’s Division of Federal Employees’ Compensation Forms

If for any reason you need assistance with an OWCP claim and your station is not providing you the appropriate guidance or assistance, please contact your station lead/chief rep or a local 2455 executive board member.

Thank you,

Executive Committee
National Border Patrol Council

OWCP Latest News

What to do when injured at work.

Injured employees throughout the nation have experienced denials of their workers’ compensation claims, denial of essential medical treatments, and lost wages due to denied compensation

Read More »